If you’ve never tried black bean brownies, you must! Seriously, they are so soft, moist, and chocolate-y with the nutritional benefit of fiber and many vitamins and minerals, and I promise you won’t even notice the beans!
Black Bean & Avocado Gluten-free Protein Brownies
Fudgy gluten-free black bean brownies.
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 oz coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 avocado
- 1-12-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whey protein powder (chocolate or cookies & cream)
- ¼ cup almond meal/flour
- ½ cup flaxseed, ground
- ½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1/3 cup powdered Stevia
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease a 9″x13″ baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Add butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, avocado, black beans, and vanilla extract into a blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, add protein powder, almond flour, flaxseed, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Stevia. Mix dry ingredients until well-combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chips until well-dispersed throughout the batter.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Check brownies with a toothpick at 20 minutes and continue checking every 2-3 minutes after until toothpick comes out clean or with minimal residue.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then cut into desired number of pieces and enjoy!
Craving Wellness http://www.craving-wellness.com/