These super-simple six-ingredient coconut macaroons are a favorite treat of mine. I use unsweetened coconut and add honey to control the sweetness and avoid refined sugar which lacks the vitamins and minerals naturally present in honey. The macaroons can be dipped in melted chocolate for a more indulgent treat!
Chocolate-dipped Coconut Macaroons
Simple coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate.
- 2 egg whites
- 2 ½ cups shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325˚F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, honey, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Once combined, add in shredded coconut and mix with your hands or a fork until well-combined.
- Make small mounds (about 1 Tbsp) and place them on the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake until the edges of the cookie are golden (about 10-15 minutes). Let cool on a wire rack (keep the parchment paper).
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips. Once the macaroons are cooled, take a macaroon and dip the bottom of it in the melted chocolate. Place the macaroon back on the parchment-lined cookie sheet, chocolate-side down. Once the chocolate cools, you can easily remove it from the parchment paper.
- Repeat step 6 for each macaroon.
Craving Wellness http://www.craving-wellness.com/