I have experimented a great deal with healthier baked goods and have used gluten-free and paleo ingredients often with varying results in taste and quality. With that said, this recipe has become my go-to recipe for brownies due to its ease and seriously delicious result every time.
Sometimes baking with alternative ingredients like coconut flour and protein powder can create a crumbly texture, but this balance of ingredients creates a soft, moist, fudgy brownie that removes cleanly from the pan and stays together like you’d expect a good brownie to. The instant coffee adds a subtle rich kick to the chocolate flavor and the addition of honey adds moisture and just the right amount of sweetness, making this simple recipe one that is sure to please!
Paleo Double Chocolate Protein Brownies
Your favorite moist, fudgy brownie gets a protein-boost and is paleo- and celiac-friendly and sure to be enjoyed by all.
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup chia seeds (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee granules (optional)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 3/8 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F and coat a 9”x13” pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and instant coffee granules.
- In another large bowl or mixer bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and water.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine with mixer or rubber spatula until flour is fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until well-dispersed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread with a rubber spatula until batter is even across the pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- When the brownies are done, cool for 10 minutes and cut into 24 squares.
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 24
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
Dietary Fiber 2g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Craving Wellness http://www.craving-wellness.com/